OurJukebox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Index search is not picking up playlists

2 posters

Go down

Index search is not picking up playlists Empty Index search is not picking up playlists

Post by Munkey1999 Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi everyone
I'm new to our jukebox, i got a echo dot for xmas and managed to link it to my ReadyNas via OJ, which is awesome.
However i am having issues with the index not picking up my playlists.M3U file.

i am running all my music from my ReadyNas from a Music folder with DLNA setup.
i created a .M3U file from VLC in a folder called Playlists (Not sure if this is correct) in the Music folder, ran the index, didn't see it
i also dropped a copy in the main music folder, re-ran the index after clearing the search, OJ is still not seeing the .M3U file.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, or is there a setting on the ReadyNas I'm not aware of. I've attached the notepad script as well
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:358,Avatar - Black Waltz
h t tp://naz IP:port/MediaItems/192.mp3
#EXTINF:184,Andrew W.K. - Party Hard
h tt p://naz IP:port/MediaItems/132.m4a

any help appreciated

cheers munk

Munkey1999

Back to top Go down

Index search is not picking up playlists Empty Re: Index search is not picking up playlists

Post by Admin Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi,

Playlists are handled by the DLNA server, so you need to get ReadyNAS picking them up ahead of any reindexing. I'm pretty sure these will be relative paths to the music on the NAS, rather than network addresses (ie artist/album/song.mp3 not http://ip:port/Meda....) - but worth checking on a readynas forum exactly how they work. Can't use the media items as readynas numbers can change over time unfortunately. Once you can see them listed as playlists in the music section of readynas, ourjukebox should pick them up ok.

Thanks.

Admin
Admin

https://ourjukebox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Index search is not picking up playlists Empty Re: Index search is not picking up playlists

Post by Munkey1999 Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi admin Thanks for your help,

after some extensive research i have manage to get "Our Jukebox" (for alexa) to pick up M3U playlists on my ReadyNas...HoooRahhh!

after reading some threads, someone was using a Playlist creator 3.6.2.

i thought after pulling my hair out i'll give it a shot.

Downloaded and did some tests..Note Playlist Creator will only load Mp_3 files would not load W4a or wma files. but any who i still have lots of mp_3 files and not the end of the world.

so anyone stuck on this, i got this working. after looking at the M3U in a txt editor like notepad i found the below:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:273,Heart Shaped Grenades - 1 - Chains
..\Buried By My Heartache\Heart Shaped Grenades\Chains.mp_3
#EXTINF:253,BBMH - 1 - Choke
..\Buried By My Heartache\BBMH\Choke.mp_3
#EXTINF:304,Hail to the King - 2 - Hail to the King
..\Avenged Sevenfold\Hail to the King\02 Hail to the King.mp_3

though i managed to type out the full file path, the only way i could get it working, apologies I'm not very good on the lan networking side and IP addresses but i managed to get it work this way also

#extm3u
#Extinf:273,Heart Shaped Grenades - 1 - Chains
smb:\\Your Nas IP\music\artist folder\album folder\track file.mp_3

NOTE: once the file had been finished in "Our Jukebox" you must clear the search filter a few times then re-index and then download the .html log and check if it seen the playlists.

Hope this helps anyone

cheers matt

Munkey1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down