OurJukebox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracks not playing

2 posters

Go down

Tracks not playing Empty Tracks not playing

Post by OllieCox Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:20 pm

I am trying to set up Our Jukebox and get the error "Sorry, an error has occurred. Skipping this track."

In the FAQs it suggests "This is usually as the DLNA server isn't hosting the files in the same location. Either as it has lost access, or reconfigured itself".  But I'm getting this error straight away.

The FAQ also says "please download library and click the links - do they work? If so, reindex".  They work fine and reindexing doesn't seem to make any difference.

Asking Alexa "what is the status of my library" generates the right information from her.  But whatever track I try playing results in the same error message.

Any thoughts?

OllieCox

Back to top Go down

Tracks not playing Empty Re: Tracks not playing

Post by Alto1953 Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:21 pm

I had similar problems with a miniDLNA server that came with my TP-Link router. It would lose the index routinely and I’d get the missing track error message. I found some Windows settings that made it better but never stable for very long. Finally gave up, took an old PC and used Windows Media Player as my server and now it works fine. In other words, look first at your DNLA server version and capabilities. It may not be compatible or need a setting modified.

Alto1953

Back to top Go down

Post by OllieCox Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:09 am

I found that the "Emby" DLNA server worked best with both the WD MyBook and Alexa. There's an Alexa Skill and an addon for the MyBook.

OllieCox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down